Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Smartipants are a Dad's Dream Cloth Diaper

My first in depth cloth diaper review will be of our favorite diaper: Smartipants. In the words of my husband, "If I could marry a cloth diaper, I'd totally marry Smartipants!!" No joke. I was a little weirded out.

But yes, these are the best. We only have 6, out of 15 cloth diapers total, so my husband gets a little mad when we run out. Hey, don't yell at me, buddy! As I told him last night, if he wants more then he can buy them. (Well, he doesn't really yell, but he does get frustrated when we use our last one. And buying cloth diapers is addicting, so it's great that he supports it, right?)

On to why these are the best. First of all, they are a one size diaper that should last your baby from 7-35 pounds. Our baby girl is 17 pounds, and right now she's on the second row of snaps. I only use one size diapers because I'm not about to spend twice as much on cloth during the diapering years. One and done.

Secondly, they created the Smart Sleeve. This is basically like a pocket diaper, but instead of opening on one end only, both ends are open. In other words, it's genius! One of the draw backs to cloth diapering for me and my husband is the part where we have to touch the gross wet (or even worse, poopy) inserts. With the Smart Sleeve, you don't touch the insert. At all. Just throw the diaper into the washing machine, and the insert comes out during the wash. For real! I was kind of a skeptic when I first heard this, but I was amazed. The inserts, in my machine, come out during the pre-rinse.

The Smart Sleeve also makes stuffing the diapers a breeze, which is why my husband really loves these diapers. Just put the insert in one side, and pull it through from the other side. Super easy and fast! When we stuff diapers, my husband only stuffs the Smartipants. He refuses to stuff the others because they are "harder." So, I get stuck stuffing the other brands, and by the time I'm done he's off spending quality time with baby girl. Time is precious. Would you rather spend it stuffing diapers or spending time with loved ones?
Only one insert comes with the diaper. If I had one complaint, it would be that I wish a smaller insert was also included. Since we are only on the second row of snaps, the insert kind of hangs out of the back a bit. Nothing major, but we just have to make sure it's tucked in. However, we've never had a leak, so I really shouldn't complain!

Ok, now on to the second awesome selling point for us: price. You can buy one diaper for $14.95. That's like five dollars cheaper than the competitors! But wait, it gets better. The Smart Start 3-Packs are on sale for $36.95 until Father's Day. That's about $12 a diaper! Are you kidding me?

So what are you waiting for? Seriously, you have to try this diaper. We haven't had any leaks, and my husband loves them. If you are trying to convince your better half to hop on the cloth diapering train, then this is the perfect diaper. Heck, it's the perfect diaper no matter what!


Even baby girl loves her Smartipants!

**If I sound like a paid advertisement, then that's because we really love this product! Smartipants did not hook us up with free diapers--we paid for all of them.**

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home