Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Don't talk about your winkle!

A couple of months ago, while we were standing in the check out line at BRU, I noticed the baby in front of us was playing with a Winkle. (If you have a 2-3 month old baby, go get one. Now! It's awesome.) I was so excited to see another baby with a winkle, so I told the mom, "Oh, my baby LOVES playing with her winkle!!" The mom looked at me like I was absolutely crazy and didn't say a word. She then inched her cart forward to get some distance in between us. I looked at Mr. McG and I was crushed. Why was this woman being so rude? The dad then came back and put a winkle, with tags on it, in the cart and took the tagless one away. So the one the baby had been playing with? Totally not theirs yet. So the mom had no idea that toy was called a winkle--thus thinking I was a perv. I was mortified! I was also disgusted they let their baby chew on a toy from a store without washing it first, and then return it back to the shelf.

Lessons learned from that trip: 1) Don't talk about your baby's winkle to other people without making it very clear what you are talking about, and 2) Don't let your baby suck or chew on anything straight from the store.

And here's a picture of C playing with her beloved winkle when she was three months old:

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At June 9, 2010 at 11:44 AM , Blogger Devan @ Accustomed Chaos said...

LOL! Ive never heard of a winkle before but that is so funny!

I am pretty grossed out that someones kid was chewing on an un purchased toy!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home